Saturday, March 14, 2009

Illicit Goods

After watching the video I am carrying around a bit of guilt. My mother, sister, and I are guilty of purchasing knock off designer goods. The thought never really crossed our minds while we were purchasing the goods. We thought they were "cute" great prices and looked like the real thing. We were excited that we didn't have to spend $1200 on a bag instead we paid only a $100 for. To me the cost now is much more than that. People’s lives were lost in the production of the bags or goods In one particular store in Colorado the bags actually had the authenticity card (which was probably fake). I don't think a lot of Americans think about the production and the place where the bag came from. What really went into getting this bag into this place? I couldn't believe that people would actually buy pills off the black market. You don't think people will consider the safety and the health risks that go into buying pills of any sort from someone you don't know. It's suicide. People in foreign countries who are on social security or who have to accept cough medicine that is potentially tainted as "poison" they don’t know any better. They don’t understand that a rich billionaire is just trying to make money and whether someone dies or not really doesn’t matter to that person. I will think twice before I buy another bag, sunglasses, or some other knock off good just because it’s cheap and it looks nice. So question is do I destroy my knock offs or from now on do I just think twice before purchasing fake knock off goods?

No comments:

Post a Comment