Saturday, March 28, 2009

6.My Argument

My argument In my opinion Billy Greenwood was breaking the law. I have to side with the courts on this issue. I am a firm believer in justice for all. My mom always taught me if you do something wrong you are always going to get caught in one way or another you would pay the consequences. I believe in this case Billy Greenwood was a victim of his own stupidity. By leaving his trash on the curb in clear bags with drug paraphernalia is just a calling card. Perhaps it was the drugs taking over his mind, which caused him not to think clearly when he was doing this. I believe the fourth amendment protects our privacy. But if it were so private why would you put it on the curb for anyone to rummage through. I also believe that if the police know that there is a crime occurring that should have the right to search through garbage. So the Police and the law had every right to search his trash. He was breaking the law there for his rights were narrowed as soon as he became a suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment